Sunday, August 5, 2007

my babies..


the long awaited post is finally here....
this is something i'm very passionate about
i can go on talking about my dogs for hours if no one stops me...
that's how mad i am about my doggies
goldie's the whitish (supposingly, yellow) labrador retriever
and tasha's the brownish puppy i adopted a year ago.

my family and i were crazy about dogs....
we started hunting everywhere for one....
and only one condition : it must be a labrador retriever
and so we bought goldie.
i must admit that when we first brought her home, she was really ugly
but none mentioned that aloud until a couple of months later
we wanted her so much eventhough she was so ugly,
said nothing about her looks at the pet shop and insisted that we bring her home.
but i can proudly say that my goldie is now a pretty doggie
(and in case you were wondering, yeah they are both females)
who never fails to attract people when i take her out for evening walks at the park
and people never fail to praise her
u should also see how she fetches in the air...
i'm not bragging, but Goldie's really intelligent, really bright, really smart
(in fact, she's too smart...she sometimes outsmarts me)
she always frees tasha from her crate...she knows how to unlock the crate..now how smart is that?

and she's a real poser...she loves baths, loves combing hair, loves getting her spa treatment and loves being pampered....she's really attached to the family and loves being with the family wherever they are.....

when we were away for holidays, our neighbour mentioned that she wouldn't eat and woudn't play ball....and was sulking all the time.....she must have been wondering why we abandoned her....how could i, my darling? i dunno how i'll take it when age catches up with you and when you leave me? it'll be like losing my childhood friend....the baby whom i nurse back to health when she falls ill...

and what about tasha?
she's a mongrel of unknown and indistinct ancestry, born with the curse of uncertain lineage, one of the tens of thousands of unwated dogs in malaysia. Yet by some stroke of almost providential good fortune, she became wanted. She came into my life, and I into hers - and brought me lotsa joy....
i followed my mom to the market one fateful day and saw a cute lil puppy 6 inches long...with big eyes....and i begged to take her home.
she's a super bright dog....she was already potty-trained when i brought her home....
and i defended her when she dug holes in the garden, when she ruined all my mom's potted plants....i was very determined to keep her....and i shed many tears back then....to gain my parents' approval in keeping her

i trained her myself and gave her all the love she needed....and i can proudly announce that she's very well behaved except for the occasional digging....u should take a look at my garden, it has all sort of shapes of holes and all sorts of sizes of patches.
she's very protective of us....and is very fierce and hostile to any strangers or dogs. a very unfriendly girl i'd say.
and she's also win the hearts of my parents.....she's well-loved now....

very recently, she was sent to the vet's to be spayed....when i went to bring her home and saw her, my heart nearly popped out. she was so weak and look so sickly. she'd lots of phlegm in her and was making a lot of sickly noices which made me cry. i was so afraid that i'll lose her then...
i cancelled all my activities and rushed home from school everyday to nurse her.
gave her medicines, gave her fresh milk to drink, made chicken soup for her...

only then did i realise that she meant that much to me....
after all, i was the one who brought her home and took care of her...loved her and played with her....

i take pride in both my dogs...
goldie is 2 1/2 years old whereas tasha is 1 year plus..( i dunno her exact date of birth)
i hope i'll still have a decade to spend with them...
i love them to bits and to me, they are family...
my brother and i gave them chinese names too...that matches ours...teehee :)

i thank God for them...eventhough at times, they do drive me up the wall and misbehaved
but i guess they've taught me a lot about life too....
and most importantly, brought lotsa joy and laughter to our family...
we truly adore them....
i miss them to bits whenever i'm away....
i love my dogs!!!!

more pics below:
(btw, goldie's a real poser)





it's taking way too long to download the images...so this will do for now...
hopefully, you don't get bored and restless reading this post
i forgot to mention that dogs are highly therapeutic....and they are very sensitive towards people's feelings....when i'm sad and down, they sense it and comes very near me and sits next to me...it's their way of comforting people.
and when they see me angry, they run away!!! lolx...
such adorable creatures....


No comments: